DELIVERING PRACTICAL AND TAILORED ADVICE
Our commercial lawyers have extensive experience and provide timely and effective solutions to a range of clients. We assist our clients to negotiate and document a wide variety of commercial arrangements, contracts, and related documents.
We work closely with our clients and their advisors to identify appropriate structures, outline commercially acceptable risks, and to deliver practical and tailored advice in a timely manner.
Setting up a unit trust as an investment vehicle for a property development.
Setting up a franchise including all compliance documents for a proposed national franchise.
Joint venture agreement and shareholder agreement for property development between a landowner and developer.
Purchase of a professional services practice including the ongoing engagement of the previous owner for goodwill.
Preparing terms and conditions for a manufacturing business focusing on their warranty requirements and security for payment.
Buying, selling & leasing
Whether you’re wanting to buy, sell or lease a commercial property or business, our commercially minded lawyers will work with you and your advisors to protect your interests from beginning to end.
There is much to consider, and we have the depth of experience to:
- Conduct and manage due diligence
- Draft and negotiate agreements
- Ensure taxation optimisation by ensuring appropriate structures are in place
- Manage all property, leasing and employee aspects
- Preserve and protect intellectual property
- Minimise and resolve any disputes that may arise
Our lawyers have experience providing advice to corporations, including not for profits and charities, and individuals in relation to:
- Directors’ duties and liabilities
- Conflicts of interest
- AGM‘s and EGM’s
- Privacy and disclosure
- Regulatory and people risks
Our team of practical and pragmatic lawyers work with their clients and professional
advisors to deliver high quality commercial outcomes. Our experience includes:
- Divestment and acquisitions of shares and assets
- Joint venture arrangements
- Mergers and demergers
- Regulatory compliance
- Schemes of arrangement
Contracts, terms of trade & other operational documents
More often than not the importance of considered and properly drafted contracts, terms or trade and other operational documents such as licence, supply and service agreements is not realised until a dispute or other risk arises. Significant time, costs and stress can be minimised if not avoided by taking the right steps early to ensure parties objectives are achieved and their interests protected.
Structuring & asset protection
No two businesses are the same and the positions and risk appetites of those owning them are different. Experienced legal and other professional advice should be obtained as soon as possible to ensure accumulated wealth and other interests are protected in the event of conflict or insolvency events. We will work with you and your other advisers to ensure that all you have worked for is preserved.
Franchise, licence & other service & supply agreements
We act for franchisors and franchisees in relation to:
- Buying and selling franchised businesses
- Compliance with the Franchising Code of Conduct
- Dispute resolution and litigation
- Drafting and advising on franchise agreements and terms
Like properly drafted terms and trade, business owners often don’t realise the importance of protecting their intellectual property rights and implementing
strategies to minimise infringement by others. We are able to assist by:
- Applying for trademark registration
- Drafting agreements, such as:
- Contractors and Employee Agreements
- Confidentiality and Non-Disclosure Agreements
- Non-Competition and Restraint Agreements
- Supplier and Service Agreements
- Providing advice on, and enforcing:
- Design rights
- Infringement and enforcement
- Passing Offs claims
Insolvency & restructuring
The law surrounding insolvency and restructuring is complicated and circumstances develop and change quickly. It is for these reasons that It is important to get realistic and wholistic advice as soon as possible.
We act for administrators and liquidators, those looking to appoint an administrator or liquidator, as well as secured and unsecured creditors. We are able to provide advice in relation to:
- Bringing and defending recovery actions by secured and unsecured creditors
- Bringing and defending winding up applications
- Creditors Statutory Demands
- De-registration and re-registration of companies
- Director duties and responsibilities
- Director Penalty Notices
- Insolvent trading actions
- Preference payment and other voidable transaction claims
- Public examinations